An overview of what we offer our students
Our German language courses in Germany offer you the best options to study successfully. You can choose to learn German in a group course with 20 or 25 lessons per week. There are also different kinds of combinations of group with individual lessons or just private lessons available (see below). One lesson lasts 45 minutes. In one class there is a maximum of 12 students (but on average only 7 students). There are no classes on official public holidays.
- 20 lessons per week, 45 min. each
- Monday to Friday, 9:30AM – 1:00PM (or 2:30PM – 6:00PM in high season)
- The Standard German Course teaches speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in small groups of maximum 12 participants (average 7 participants)
Intensive German Course
- 25 lessons per week, 45 min. each
- Monday to Friday, 9:30AM – 2:00PM (or 1:15PM – 6:00PM in high season)
- In the Intensive Course you will also develop the skills taught in our Standard Course with an additional special focus on communication. Maximum 12 participants (average 7 participants)
Semi Intensive Online Course
- Evening course, 10 lessons per week, 45min each
- Monday to Friday 6.00PM – 7.30 PM German time
- The Semi Intensive Online Course offers speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in small groups in the online classroom. It is an evening course and therefore ideal for everybody who is not able to take part in the Standard course in the mornings (e.g. due to time differences or work.)
- You can take part in this course from anywhere in the world. The only requirements are: a computer or mobile device with camera and microphone and internet connection.
- 1 week 115,00 €
- 2 weeks 195,00 €
- 3 weeks 275,00 €
- 4 weeks 355,00 €
- 5 weeks 430,00 €
- 6 weeks 505,00 €
- 7 weeks 575,00 €
- 8 weeks 645,00 €
Mini Group Course
- 20 lessons per week, 45 min. each, max 6 participants
- Monday to Friday, 9:30AM – 1:00PM
- This German course has been especially developed to meet the requirements of those people who prefer to study in a very small group on a very intensive basis. In this course you will have the guarantee that there will be not more than 6 people in your group.
Important notice: This mini group course is available only from October until June (not in July, August and September)
Combined German Course
- Standard Course + 5 or 10 one-to-one lessons, 45 min. each
- You will take part in the Standard Course and additionally receive one-to-one private lessons where you will practice your German intensively. In the private lessons you and your teacher can focus on your specific individual requirements.
- Lessons of 45 min. each
- Individual lessons are the most intensive form of language learning and ensure the greatest possible success. The lessons are tailored to suit the needs of anyone requiring specialized vocabulary for professional purposes, a particularly high standard of language training or for those wishing to make maximum progress in minimum time.
- Economy, Hotel and Tourism, Marketing, Banking, Law, Medicine, Engineering etc.
- Business German lessons are perfect for those students who need the German language for their work. During these lessons, we focus on the special needs of the participants’ professions.
Preparation For Exams
- Be prepared for your exam! We help you get ready for the exams of Telc and the Goethe institute and others: the Zertifikat B1 (ZD), the Zertifikat B2, the Zertifikat C1 (ZMP), the Zertifikat C2 (ZOP), Test-DaF and the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Zugang ausländischer Studienbewerber – DSH (both are entrance examinations for German universities). Students are responsible for registering to the examination. Please beware of the fact that the number of students for each exam is limited and often booked out fast. Therefore, students need to register ahead of time directly for example at Goethe Institut or Telc. We do not guarantee availability for exam dates.
- Have a special focus on German pronunciation! This is often important for students in higher levels who still retain their native accent in German or for job purposes, where exact pronunciation is extremely essential.
BWS Germanlingua works with the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages for our certified German language courses in Germany. A written grading test taken before arrival via internet as well as a short oral test on the day of arrival allows us to assign the students into classes according to the “Common European Framework of Reference for languages” (CEFR) levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2.
The groups are not closed. This means it is possible to change classes (and therefore levels) during the stay (if a place is available in the higher or lower class). The teacher or the student may request a change of level. In either case, the procedure to follow is to speak to the Director.
Please note: In case a standard or intensive group course has less than 3 participants, we reserve the right to reduce class length for the standard course from 20 to 15 lessons per week and the intensive course from 25 to 18 lessons per week.
With learning elementary language structures you will be able to cope with simple everyday situations.
An extension of elementary vocabulary and grammar will enable you to understand texts with everyday language and lead simple dialogues.
Through the increase of grammar and vocabulary you will be able to deal with everyday and professional situations and formulate simple texts.
A deepening of vocabulary and grammatical structures will enable you to understand difficult texts and discuss them.
You will work on specialized vocabulary and complex grammatical structures, analyze problems in written form, construct letters and discuss business situations.
By reading literary and scientific texts you will become acquainted with grammatical structures and idiomatic uses. Your ability to express yourself will increase and you will be able to master all situations adequately in spoken language.
For students who would like to be more independent, our shared student apartment with single and twin rooms and our private studio apartments are the ideal choice. Both are self-catering.
We also organize hotel and business apartment accommodation upon request. 6 nights/7days, Arrival: Sunday, Departure: Saturday.
If you wish to have a transfer to or from your accommodation, we are happy to arrange it for you.
School-owned shared Apartment
School-owned Studio Apartment
Living in a Host Family
You can take English lessons as well; in case you would like to refresh your English or to prepare for studies in Germany with English lectures – max. 2 participants
University placement program
BWS Germanlingua will take care of the placement at a German University and provide assistance and counseling in regards to getting your visa and opening the locked bank account. Please refer to our University program page and our Pathway brochure for more information on course prices and dates. Find further information in our brochure here.
Visa invitation letter
We support you in obtaining your visa to enter Germany. You will get an invitation letter which you will need for your visa application. We will send it by express mail to the German embassy in your country. However, we cannot guarantee that every visa process will be successful. This service does not include the visa issue fee which has to be paid directly to the embassy.
Transfer from the airport
Transfer from the airport to your accommodation and back to the airport
Complete your language travel to Germany with our exciting activities
Learning a language is even easier when you explore the country where it is spoken. To have your full German experience we have set up a weekly new program with 3 activities. These can be social gatherings, cultural activities, sporty events or sightseeing trips. Choose your favorites and start your discovery with us.
Our activities are offered on the notice boards every Monday. The guided activities are optional. The office team can be contacted for advice or information. A notice board also provides information on what to do and where to go and of course on upcoming events in Berlin, Munich or Cologne.
- Activities are subject to change, please check the notice board at school.
- If less than 3 participants register for an activity, it will be cancelled.